Guth’s End of the Trail Candy Shoppe was originally established in 1921 by Alvin Guth with the business name of Trojan Candy. During the 1960′s the name was changed to Guth’s Candies. It was a second generation family business with the secret recipes being passed onto Alvin’s son John Guth, who soon became the Master Candy Maker. In 1975 the business was sold by John, only to be purchased back a few years later by his youngest son Steve (third generation) who had grown up with the candy business in his blood. The third generation candy store was launched as Guth’s End of the Trail Candy Shoppe. With mentoring from his father John, the recipes had again been passed down to Steve. Steve, now the owner of Guth’s End of the Trail Candy Shoppe, is mentoring his daughter Katie, a fourth generation candy maker.